transferring a Zotero library

Hello,

After reading the kb page on transferring the Zotero library from one PC to another, I am left with one question. I will be upgrading my Windows from Xp to 7, and have copied the contents of my 'storage' folder somewhere safe. On the other hand, I have sync (with no attachments) enabled. In the new Windows installation, once I log in to my zotoer account, I guess all library items will be reinstated (including items' notes and tags, but not attachments), and that in order to also have all PDF attachments, I then have to replace the contents of the storage folder with theold one.

but the storage folder apparently consists of folders whose names are seemingly random sequences. Will Zotero know to link the attachment in each folder to a corresponding item in the synced library?

sorry for perhaps a silly question, but I have a lot invested in this zotero library, and I want to take no chances of losing it. My PDFs are safe as I've copied the storage folder elsewhere, but also very important is the association between items and attachments, as I've asked above.

many thanks for any help!