Export collection from main library to a group library

Hi all! I am trying to export a collection of items from my main library to a group library which I use for archiving purposes.
I noticed that if I drag/drop a collection from the main library to a group library, I lose synced attachments that are not in my hard drive at the time of the operation, as well as all date added/modified information. I would like to know if there are ways to move collections between libraries without losing ANY attachment or information.
Thanks for you help.
Stefano
  • I noticed that if I drag/drop a collection from the main library to a group library, I lose synced attachments that are not in my hard drive at the time of the operation
    Do you mean that you're using on-demand download and those files haven't been downloaded? If so, no, you'd have to download the files first. We'll have to consider what to do here — it's never actually come up (and on-demand download didn't exist when groups were first introduced), so we haven't thought about it.
    as well as all date added/modified information.
    No, the dragged items are essentially new items, so Date Added/Modified get changed. I think it'd seem a bit weird from the perspective of the group for there to be items with Date Added potentially before the group even existed.
  • edited May 6, 2014
    Thanks for your answers!
    Re the first question, yes, I am using on-demand download and the files I was concerned about hadn't been downloaded. I'll download them and move the collection thereafter.
    Re the second question, I understand it is perfectly reasonable that items with Date Added preceding the creation of their own group would sound weird. However, the Date Added/Modified fields may be used as reminders of what one was working on at a certain time in the past. For this reason, it might make sense for items to retain their original dates of creation /modification even after they have been moved in a new group.
    Anyway, thank you again for your explanation!