sync failure

Error Report ID: 423249265

I keep getting the same error message telling me that if I get it repeatedly (yes) to restart Firefox and my computer (did that, still get the error message) and then send an error report. It seems to happen hours into a sync so I haven't set the debugging thing to record, but let me know if you want me to.

This began happening right after I changed my file storage from WebDAV (Box) to Zotero, and the sync hasn't completed yet.
It also happened before and after Firefox updated to the new version.

Please advise!
Thanks, Cassie
  • If the sync is making progress each time (which you can see if you hover over the blue progress bar), you can ignore these errors during a large initial sync. If you just keep syncing, or just leave Zotero to auto-sync as you make changes, it should finish eventually. (Zotero should really just retry these errors automatically — and does for some — but it doesn't for the specific errors you're getting.)

If it doesn't look like it's making any progress on successive syncs, let us know.
  • The library is growing, so it seems to be working.

Thanks for the quick response. That is why I trust my stuff to the Zotero servers & team!

Cassie