managing sync

I am stuck in the middle of an extremely slow sync of a single huge file -- 300MB.

I'm guessing this is because a couple of days ago I foolishly dragged a huge video file into my local Zotero. I immediately deleted it.

But that's the only thing I can think of that would be causing Zotero to try to sync a single 300MB attachment. However, I can find no evidence either in my local Zotero or on the Zotero server that this item has been added.

(I have shut down and restarted Zotero, but the syncing just starts over again.)

Which raises two questions (for me, anyway):

1. Is there any way to see what Zotero is syncing and have some control over it, i.e. stop a sync operation?

2. Is there any way to control syncing on an item-by-item basis? I.e. can you tell Zotero to sync specific attachments, but for other items sync only the bibliographic data?
  • No to 1 and 2, but if Zotero is indeed syncing a 300MB file, you likely just didn't empty your Zotero trash (bottom of left hand panel).
  • edited April 20, 2014
    Oops. It syncs the trash, too. Thank you!

The other things would be nice, though. The reason I dragged the video in there in the first place was so that I could use it as a reference. I really don't care if many of my attachments are not accessible via Zotero server away from my desk.
  • What I can probably see happening is limiting attachment sync to under x MB per file. Not sure how core Zotero devs feels about this though.