edit entry options for TV Broadcast

Hi,

Is there a way to edit the list of "authors" for the TV Broadcast item? I would like to add "Reporter" (for television news stories) to the list that now only has Director, Cast Member, Contributer, Guest, etc.

Thanks,
Stephen
  • you can't customize item fields, no. Would that ever be needed for a citation?
  • Yes, I need to cite the broadcast with the reporter as the "author."

I can achieve the correct format by listing the reporter as the "Director" in the Zotero entry, but that could get confusing down the road.
  • What citation style (journal?) is this for? Is there any documentation for this style?
  • Oh, I think the general requirement makes sense for documentary TV broadcasts e.g.. I just think adding a separate "reporter" category may get confusing, because in many cases you would not want to cite a specific reporter (e.g. certainly not every correspondent appearing during a news hour). We could consider a more generic term for "director" but it's going to be a bit messy whatever we do. So I'd just go with director and not worry too much.
  • I don't know if this style is documented (but it does seem to follow APA pretty closely). It's for a report to a federal agency, and I'm following how these have historically been cited in the reports.