Chicago Style Bibliography Ordering Errors

Hi,

Unfortunately I won't have time to act on this problem - coding is beyond me - but I'm encountered random problems with the ordering of the bibliography in Chicago, full note.

I've spent 10 minutes looking for a logic and can't find one. Most of the order is correctly by date, but randomly it will reverse the order or get it completely muddled. Eg:

Skocpol, Theda. “Cultural Idioms and Political Ideologies in the Revolutionary Reconstruction of State Power: A Rejoinder to Sewell.” The Journal of Modern History 57, no. 1 (1985).
———. “Rentier State and Shi’a Islam in the Iranian Revolution.” Theory and Society 11, no. 3 (1982).
———. States and Social Revolutions: A Comparative Analysis of France, Russia, and China. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1979.

Pauker, Guy J. Bandung in Perspective. Cambridge Mass.: Center for International Studies, MIT, 1956.
———. The Bandung Conference. Cambridge Mass.: Center for International Studies, MIT, 1955.

Mutua, Makau. “Savages, Victims and Saviors.” Harvard International Law Journal 42, no. 1 (2001).
———. “What Is TWAIL?” Proceedings of the Annual Meetings of the American Society of International Law 94 (2000): 31–40.

Koskenniemi, Martti. From Apology to Utopia: The Structure of International Legal Argument. Helsinki: Lakimiesliiton Kustannus, 1989.
———. From Apology to Utopia: The Structure of International Legal Argument. Cambridge, UK; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
———. “The Politics of International Law.” European Journal of International Law 1, no. 4 (1990).

Just a short selection - I thought there was a logic according to 'type', especially if it was a 'book section' but apparently not.

I know there are loads of posts on bibliography issues, so apologies if I've missed a relevant thread.
  • It's sorting alphabetically by title (CRS for Skocpol, BT for Pauker, SW for Mutua, FT for Koskenniemi and the first two titles which are the same are ordered ascending by date)- that's what the Chicago Manual requires (see CMoS 14.67). The only thing it doesn't do right is that Zotero won't ignore articles ("A", "The") at the beginning of titles.