Link/shortcut to open a collection in the browser

As I'm rebuilding my project management and workflow, I'm realizing that I need to quickly access (1) my manuscripts, (2) references stored in Zotero, (3) emails, (4) tasks and milestones, and (5) websites that are relevant to the project.

I've chosen a project management tool that does a pretty good job of centralizing (1), (3), (4) and (5). (It turns out that gmail threads have their own, permanent URL. All I have to do is treat them like URL to a website.)

The only missing piece in this scheme is the relevant Zotero collection. Is there any way to create a permanent, unique url for a zotero collection that I can click to directly open in firefox?
  • you mean for the online version or the software?
    online the URLs for collections (along the lines of
    https://www.zotero.org/wonblee/items/collectionKey/ )
    are permanent.
    For the software, though, I don't thinks so - I don't believe the zotero://select protocol works for collections
  • No, not the online version. I understand that the URLs for the collections on zotero.org are permanent.
    I prefer a URL to the collection on desktop (or firefox-based browser or software or whatever you call it).

So, your answer is that this request is technologically not possible?
  • oh I assume it's possible. Collections have keys and there is a protocol that selects items and I don't see why it shouldn't work for collections in principle. Someone would have to do it, though.