Zotero does not integrate with the text

Hello,
I have word 2013, I have Google chrome and also have installed Firefox.

Report error ID 1903318410

There is a message that the Zotero does not integrate with the text.

Can yon help me please?
Thank you very, very much!
Franco
  • what's the exact error message in the language in which you get it?
  • I had the following message:
    Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [zoteroIntegrationApplication.getDocument]
  • step back a bit. You open Word. You open Zotero.
    You click on the "Insert Citation" button in Word.
    Now, what _exactly_ happens?
  • When I click on ZOTERO REFRESH on my word file, it appears a box:

Erro de Integração com o Zotero:
    O Zotero detectou um erro ao actualizar o seu documento.

Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [zoteroIntegrationApplication.getDocument]
  • Great. This doesn't happen in a fresh document, does it?
    If you _can_ successfully insert a citation in a fresh document, run through these: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents

feel free to write in Portuguese/Brazilian if that's easier for you.
  • Stepping back, as you oriented: I open Word, I open Zotero. When I click on "INsert Citation", the tools from Zotero don't appear!, as if Zotero was not recognized.
  • Thanks Adam, I can write in English, no problem!
  • I'd begin by restarting your computer. I'd expect you to be able to insert a citation in an empty document. If that's not the case, we can take it from there.
  • OK Adam, I just tried now and don't get to insert citations in empty documents.
  • But you see the Zotero toolbar in Word, correct? First thing I'd try is to re-install the Word add-in from the "Cite" tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • No, just when i click in the extreme right of Word toolbar under "Supplements" and then , the Zotero icones appear on the left side of the monitor, just under "FILE".

And, when I click with left button of the mouse in some part of the text, it does not appear the possibility of citation insertion (as worked before!)

Thanks for giving me hope to solve the problem!!!
  • sorry, I don't follow. There was never an option to insert a citation by left-clicking in the text with Zotero.
    The Zotero icons are supposed to appear in the add-ons tab in Word so that sounds right. Does clicking them not work?
  • I just did that "re-install the Word add-in from the "Cite" tab of the Zotero preferences." No changes. I didn't shut and open the computer again...

IN fact, it was written that it was not currently installed and it remains like this after I "installed"...
    Do I have to reinitiate everything?
  • Adam, same thing:

I clicked with left button in the text with Zotero and the following message appears:
    O Zotero detectou um erro ao actualizar o seu documento.

• Adam, which programm should I use to install the plugin ? (word, adobe, etc...)
  • no, don't use any program. Follow the instructions.
  • The instructions are to use one of the following (adobe , word) or to choose of from internet...but which one?
  • Maybe I should desinstal everything and begn from beginning...I'm losing my other half of hair!!!!
  • sorry, which instructions?
  • I just tried to give you all the info I had...
  • Does Zotero standlone works with Chrome without the need to install Firefox?
  • Unlikely that re-install will help.
    If I may say so - you're doing this very hectically. It's going to be much easier if you read things thoroughly and spend a fair amount of time describing what you're doing and what you're seeing. Going back and forth so quickly and with short posts isn't ideal.
  • I've install and reinstalled a number of times, I don't know what else to do. Anyway, thank you for the time lost with me.

Thanks, anyway,
    JOão Luiz Pinheiro Franco
    Reviewer - Journal: Spine (Phila Pa-1976) top Pubmed in spine surgery
  • Franco,
    Caso você não tenha conseguido resolver o seu problema de inserção do referencial no word segue a minha dica.
    Tive o mesmo problema ao tentar inserir uma citação no Word.
    Fechei o navegador e acessei o zotero a partir da minha área de trabalho.
    De certo.
    Editinete
  • Estou tendo o mesmo problema.
    Instalei o Zotero no computador, instalei o conector do chrome.
    Na hora de abrir o zotero no word quando clico em adicionar citação ele aparece a seguinte mensagem:

"Erro de integração Zotero
    Zotero encontrou um erro ao atualizar seu documento.
    Gostaria de ver as instruções para resolução de problemas? OK e CANCELAR"

Ainda não consegui solucionar.

Podem me ajudar???