Zotero stand-alone won't sync - "error connecting to server"

I can't seem to get my Zotero library to sync with the standalone version on my Windows7-run desktop. I've tried re-installing the program, and each time it reverts to the version of the library when I last was able to sync it (months ago). The error message for attempted manual syncs is "error connecting to the server. Check your internet connection." I wish the problem could be resolved that easily. Error reporting through Zotero is also curtailed - it simply doesn't respond, although earlier it had. Thoughts or ideas?
  • Please submit the error report (after clicking on the red exclamation mark) and post the report ID here.

But in general, make sure that you can see "Nothing to see here" after following this link: https://sync.zotero.org/ Also, disable any security software that you may have running.

Are you behind a proxy? Is this a work computer?
  • My corporate cloud system uses proxy that also blocks for syncing from zotero standalone. This is perhaps due to the capability of file transfer from a local machine to zotero web. With similar reason, websites for firefox addons are blocked. Mysteriously, google play is accessible.