Creating entries in Zotero from Zotero word fields/ bibliography

Dear all,

complex problem - I am trying to bring it down in a few keywords:

- I received a word document (Word 2010, docx-format) from a colleague who wrote a document including citations and a bibliography.
- The bibliography software was Zotero (newest version, Firefox).
- The in-text citations and the bibliography were used by using "text fields".
- Now the Zotero program database got completely deleted by accicent (no sync used). The university IT department tried to restore the local program files - very sadly no success.

=> This means, that no entries are anymore in the Zotero program, while citations/ the bibliography are still in the word document (and they are still the "Zotero fields" as before, as they get grey, once you click on them).

How do we now get the details from the citations/ bibliography in the word document back as single entries in the Zotero program, so that we may change/ amend them?

Any working ideas are highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  • I'm sorry to say I don't see this happening at this time.
    It _may_ be possible with relatively significant effort to import the items back into Zotero (they're stored in the Word docx in a format called CSL JSON, which Zotero can import), but even if you're able to do that, they wouldn't be linked to the items in the document, so changing them would have no effect on the document.