Zotero no more

Zotero stand alone was working fine on Mac 10.7.5 with Safari
But since a few days, it does not sync anymore. The green wheel does not turn. The lib is blank.
I have removed Z and redownloaded - to no avail.
In fact it does not copy a file into the library - user support

thanks for yr help
  • I can't even give any further info.
    using Zotero on Mac, 10.7.5, with Safari 5.1.7 - up to date it seems
    Now Zotero connector -downloaded of crse - does not even get active on Safari, so I don't see it at all. Total blank.
    Have reloaded several times Zotero standalone and the connector, to no avail

what is happening?

thanks
  • start by providing an error report after a failed sync (or any other failed operation such as copying the a file to the library) as the reporting bug link explains.
    Post the id here and be explicit in which error you're reporting with that particular ID.
  • thanks
    Unfortunately I cannot give any error number, Zotero is just not functioning. it is downloaded, but when I open it I have a blank zotero page which refuses to do anything - does not sync, does not react to anything.
    Still Z pref shows the preferences as installed
    Safari connector has also disappeared altogether, although I reloaded it too.
    As I said earlier, I have tried to erase and redownload Zotero several times, to no avail

any clue?
  • You're saying you can't open the gears menu and click Report Errors?
  • If indeed you cannot - though please do actively confirm that - follow these instructions:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#reporting_startup_errors