Problems Syncing

Hey Zot.Community,

Every time I sync it says this:

"One or more locally deleted Zotero collections have been modified remotely since the last sync. The most recent versions have been kept.

View the Error Console for the full list of such changes."

The error ID is: 1551578115

The trouble is that when I go online none of it has synced. My conern is mainly to have my work backed up either on the server (preferable) or in a dropbox/Gdrive equivalent.

Can you help me with this one?

Best,
  • edited March 13, 2014
    See Repeated Conflicts to understand what's happening. That's about conflict resolution, but it's the same thing. The point is that the dialog isn't the problem — whatever actual error you're getting is. There are no errors in your error report, though, so you'd have to tell us what it says when you click on the sync error icon.

It may help to temporarily disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the preferences while you debug this.
  • Thanks Dan,I went through the following:

"First, be sure you're not cancelling the conflict resolution process: you need to click Next/Finish in the bottom-right corner of the conflict resolution window after making each change. If you don't see a Next/Finish button, you may need to enlarge the window. (This should only be an issue on computers with low-resolution screens.)

Similarly, if you're seeing a dialog regarding tags being added to or removed from items or items being added to or removed from collections on multiple computers, and the dialog is going off the screen, simply press Return to dismiss it. (This will be fixed in a future version.)"

I complied with this and underneath read that I should send through the ID of the error which is found above in my post. Thanks for your help
  • OK, but there are still no errors in that report, so what is it actually saying in the alert window when you click on the sync error icon?
  • Thanks Dan, it's solved now. The note was too long, I should have known.

Thank you for your help.