Possible to send bibliography item as plain-text to clipboard?

Hello!

I often export citations from Zotero to WordPress. Using the "Create Bibliography from Item"- and "Copy to Clipboard"-options I always end up with a 3 or 4 <div> tags in the WP post or page. They are seemingly useless and even disrupt formatting I had already applied in WP. How can I avoid this? Trying different citation styles didn't help.

Thanks and greetings!
  • The div tags aren't useless - they allow you to style the bibliography with CSS for Zotero generated HTML. If you want actual plain text citations, just drag citations into the text (rather than the visual) compose window in WordPress, though that obviously also removes italics and the like.
  • edited March 4, 2014
    Thanks for the hint about dragging :-) Dragging it into the text-mode editor of WP works for me.

I tinkered a bit more and found that dragging a citation into the visual WP editor now yields <div>-tags with parameters like class="csl-entry". Before, they really were empty: <div><div><div>...citation...</div></div></div>

could this be a bug in the GUI-export I used before? Or does dragging invoke a different citation style than the selectable ones in the "Create Bibliography from Item"-GUI?
  • drag&drop and copy to clipboard does slightly different things, but I don't actually know why. I thought you should always get the div classes.