Keyboard shortcut for generating report from items

Hello,

Wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut for generating report from items. If not, I have not found a quicker way to generate a report compared to right clicking and selecting the option from the menu. I tried installing zoteroquicklook plugin, but it fails to install from the built in mozilla plugin utility.

Any ideas for making generating a report a tad bit quicker will be much appreciated.

With kind regards,
  • Take a look at Zutilo (Zotero plugin)
  • Thanks for the quick reply aurimas.

I checked out Zutilo and do not find an option to assign a customized key combination for 'Generate a report from item'.

I also checked out a couple of other zotero keystroke plugins and report cleaner/customizer, and they seem not to support this option.

Is there a way to add a button to FF browser that will launch the 'Generate a report from item'?

With kind regards,
  • You cannot add a button, no.

You can use keyconfig and define a shortcut for
    Zotero_Report_Interface.loadCollectionReport(event)
    which generates a report for the currently selected items. It'll open in a new, unselected tab, though, and I don't think there's an easy fix for that.
  • Thank you for the suggestion adamsmith. I installed keyconfig (last updated March 2, 2014) and created a new key binding (ctrl+alt+o) with the above command. Unfortunately, this did not work. I also tried just alt+o key binding, still a no go.

This customization is a nice to have, but not critical. Right clicking and selecting the option from the drop down menu does work.

Thanks for all the replies.
  • I tested this (with ctrl+alt+x) and it works in general.
  • I don't know if this is the right place to ask - is it possible to generate a report from a collection on the online version of the collection?

Thanks,
    Lilli
  • No, it's not possible. (And when in doubt, it's always better to start a new thread.)