zotero won't download folder citations in Google Scholar

I recently switched from using Zotero Standalone and Chrome with the plugin, to using Firefox with Zotero installed. When I search in Google Scholar and then click the small folder icon in the menu bar of Firefox, I get a box at the bottom that says "Saving to my Library" and the list of items to select appears at the top. If I select one or more of these items to download multiple citations, nothing happens. The items don't appear in Zotero in any of the folders that I have. Usually they appear in the Unfiled Items folder but aren't there either. I searched my Zotero database on the website and they aren't there either. I deleted Zotero and reinstalled in Firefox, cleared my cache, reset the translators, turned off all other extensions to no avail. Curiously, the folder action works fine in other databases I access through my proxy server to my University. It worked fine in Chrome as well.
I am using a Mac with OSX 10.9.1, Firefox 27.0.1 and the Zotero 4.0.17.1 extension.
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues
    best guess is 7. so maybe try that first.
  • Thanks Adamsmith. I did all those steps and none solved the problem. BUT, it got me thinking about cookies and so I deleted all my cookies in Firefox. Went back to Scholar and now it works fine! Maybe a corrupted cookie? Anyway, problem solved.