syncing not working even with correct username and password.

Running 4.0.17 on Windows 8. The Zotero server did not accept your username and password. I have put the correct username and password on my local system which is the same as Zotero has on file. I get the same error every time.
  • It's quite likely you're just not entering it correctly. Clear both fields completely, restart Zotero, and reenter them, using the same email address and password you use to log in to here.

If you're still having trouble, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • edited February 24, 2014
    Also, when reporting issues, it's helpful to say when they started and what happened before they did. Your account is years old, and from the looks of it you were syncing regularly up until a few days ago. So what changed?
  • Dan, I don't know why it all of a sudden stop. Now I did rebuild in software my primary workstation with Windows 8 and Firefox 27.0.1, and Word 2010. My secondary computer now has Windows 8.1 on it, Firefox 27.0.1. and Word 2010 within the past week. It was working before, I had to do the export transfer flash drive routine to line both computers up.

Same issue, will send a Debug ID w/screenshot. Thanks.
  • That doesn't include a sync attempt. Please reread the instructions. Also, please copy and paste the Debug ID — don't try to retype it. (The one you included has a typo, which makes it take much longer to look up.)
  • Submitted to the Zotero server D1754090354
  • edited February 26, 2014
    username=herbieupree@yahoo.com
    Right, so there's a typo in the username you entered. (This is why I said to reenter your username and password. That's almost always the problem.)
  • After I changed the password and made the typo. It seems to be working now. Thanks for the update.