Evernote Import: Missing Note Title

Have exported from Zotero in Simple Evernote Export format. When I import that file to Evernote, get an error message: MISSING_NOTE_TITLE [their all-caps, not mine]. What am I doing wrong, please? Zotero version 4.0.17, Evernote version 5.1.2.2387.

Thanks much, Bill Cole
  • Is this for one item or for multiple? If the latter, could you try to narrow down the culprit some more (e.g. export half your items, see if it's still a problem, if it is, half again etc.). If the former, what type of item are you exporting?
  • Thanks for the guidance ... I imported to Evernote only those items that had notes attached and that worked perfectly. I had checked the Export Notes box on the Zotero export dialog.

Then I imported to Evernote only those items which did not have notes attached, still leaving the Export Notes box checked. That worked perfectly.

So splitting the baby did the trick but doesn't leave one with any clues as to why I got the message in the first place.

BTW, tags that are attached to Notes in Zotero, don't appear to export; at least they didn't show in Evernote once all the importing finished. Is that known or is that the result of something I did incorrectly, please?

Thanks very much, indeed, for your help. Back to work.

Bill Cole
  • edited February 24, 2014
    BTW, tags that are attached to Notes in Zotero, don't appear to export; at least they didn't show in Evernote once all the importing finished. Is that known or is that the result of something I did incorrectly, please?
    "known" may be saying too much, but obviously the type of data in Zotero and Evernote don't translate terribly well, that's why we call it "Simple" export. It's supposed to give you the basics. Evernote doesn't have the same concept of notes attached to items if I see that correctly, so you couldn't have tags for an item and different tags for a note to an item, so this would be an awkward fit either way.
    So splitting the baby did the trick but doesn't leave one with any clues as to why I got the message in the first place.
    My guess would be standalone notes, though they do work for me.