Cut and paste a citation

Hej, when moving text within one word document or between documents the in text citation 'dies', i.e. it is not generating a reference in the bibliografhy any longer. Is there any way to avoid this?

Kindly / Cecilia
  • That should work. If you copy to a new document you should make sure to set a citation style for that document, either via "Set Doc Preferences" or by inserting one citation.
    In an existing document I thought this just worked for Word, though that may have changed. In LibreOffice you can only cut&paste, not copy&paste within the same document.
  • Hej and many thanks. I have realised that I have som pasting options when working within the same document; if I choose to keep the format of the source, it works. It also, by using your advice, seem to work between documents,

Kindly / Cecilia
  • edited March 22, 2014
    When I want to rearrange my Libre office document but keep the links to my cites working (so I can still edit them) I do the following:

1) Look at the Zotero toolbar at the top of your document where you add and edit your citations and find the icon with the little grey wheel. If you run your mouse over it, it says "Zotero Set Doc Prefs".

2) Click it and choose your citation style again. You don't need to do anything else.

3) After that, copy and delete the section that you want to repaste and repaste the section somewhere else.The cites should be "live" but the numbers will be in the wrong order

4) Go back to the Zotero tool bar and find the icon with the little arrows going in a circle. If you run your mouse over it, it says "Refresh". Hit it. Your cites will now be numbered correctly.

repeat as necessary. Good luck.