Visual CSL Editor - how can you remove the URL from ref or bib?

I was hoping someone might be able to give some instructions on how to remove URLs from citations and bibliography using the Visual CSL Editor. I'm particularly trying to do this in the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition (Full Note).

In particular, since neither of the example citations in the editor include links to the articles, I don't know how to find the appropriate place to click on "-" to remove the code.

Thanks!
  • could you give an example of the current style and what you want?
  • Currently, CMOS 16th (full note) gives the following footnote:

Judy Eastham et al., Mekong River Basin Water Resources Assessment: Impacts of Climate Change (CSIRO - Water for a Healthy Country National Research Flagship, 2008), http://wacc.edu.vn/vi/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/wfhc-MekongWaterResourcesAssessment.pdf.

This is because I accessed the PDF of this report and Zotero recorded the URL.

I'd like to modify the style so that Zotero will produce the same format, but without the URL, thus:

Judy Eastham et al., Mekong River Basin Water Resources Assessment: Impacts of Climate Change (CSIRO - Water for a Healthy Country National Research Flagship, 2008).

Please note that this only appears to happen for "report" or "book" item types - I don't see Zotero outputting URLs for journal articles.
  • you can display a report example citation by clicking on "Example Citations" at the top right. That does include a URL, which you can click. You can then delete the respective node by selecting it on the left and pressing the minus (-) button at the top left.

Generally, though, if you don't think the URL should be cited I would just remove it from the URL field. In this case I think you'd be wrong—it makes perfect sense and is in line with CMoS requirements to provide a URL for an item retrieved online—but that's up to you.
    Please note that this only appears to happen for "report" or "book" item types - I don't see Zotero outputting URLs for journal articles.
    Zotero doesn't include URLs for items with page ranges by default.