better way to batch edit tags?

Is there a good/easy way to batch edit tags? I have way too many tags in my library...I would like to be able to edit all of my tags instead of right clicking every tag and renaming them. I untick "Show automatic" and there are still way too many tags to even keep it organized

There are also stars (*) in front of my tags, is this something Zotero does automatically? Is there a way to remove all tags with stars or delete it?

example of tags
*Attention
Attention
*Attention/physiology
Attention/physiology

Right now tags are too cumbersome to use, but it can be a very powerful feature.
  • Unfortunately there is currently no better solution than editing one tag at a time (unless you're willing to do some JavaScript programming).

If those tags still appear after deselecting "Show automatic tags", then the tags were probably imported from a RIS/BibTeX/etc. file (possibly when you transferred a library from EndNote?), which is why they are not considered "automatic".
  • yea, I did import my library from Endnote.... I've decided Zotero will be my go-to reference manager.

Do you know of any javascript examples out there?
  • aurimas is referring to: http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/javascript_api#examplebatch_editing
  • Thanks for the link! That looks useful. I will have a play around with it next week.

Hopefully Zotero will implement a better solution for tags in the future.