Error msg: Zotero user data DB version...

Zotero 1.5 will no longer work. It throws an error message: "Zotero user data DB version is newer than SQL file". I have been unable to back up to 1.06, and cannot find a way to move forward. Is there a switch somewhere that needs to be reset? Thanks in advance for advice.
  • edited July 15, 2008
    Are you sure that's the message you get in 1.5? You would certainly get it if you try to go back to 1.0.6 with the same data after upgrading to 1.5, which is why the instructions page says to only use 1.5 with a copy of your Zotero data directory, but you shouldn't get it in 1.5.

If so, please provide debug output from when you start Firefox.
  • Dan: It is 1.5. Here is the debug log. Thanks for all your help. JON

zotero(3): Using data directory C:\Documents and Settings\Jon\My Documents\Endno
    te Library

zotero(3): Opening database 'zotero'

zotero(5): PRAGMA locking_mode=EXCLUSIVE

zotero(3): pdftotext-Win32.exe not found -- PDF indexing disabled

zotero(5): SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='userdata'

zotero(5): Beginning DB transaction

zotero(3): Beginning Notifier event queue

zotero(3): Zotero user data DB version is newer than SQL file

zotero(5): Rolling back transaction

zotero(3): Resetting Notifier event queue
  • Did you by any chance install a newer trunk build and then try to revert to the Sync Preview?
  • Yes, I see now this is what happened. The underlying reason is that my 9MB database freezes Firefox with 100%CPU for 15 minutes upon start. I haven't been able to figure out if it is because of the syncing, but this is what I suspect. I unloaded my trunk build but reloaded the Preview by mistake causing this problem.

Database now works with the trunk build back in place, but the long freeze is back.

Thanks for troubleshooting. Any idea regarding the freeze?
  • What's the debug output during the freeze?
  • Dan: the debug is over 200 pages of text. As usual, Zotero sync terminates with Last Error: Invalid Response.

I'm happy to send you a pdf of the debug log, but should probably do so via email. Let me know if you would like to see it and where I can send it.

Thanks.
  • What do you see in Report Errors in the Actions (gear icon) menu? If it's long, send in an error report and post the Report ID here.
  • It's freezing, by the way, because the initial sync is failing, so every time you restart Firefox and open the Zotero pane, it tries to sync. We may be able to speed up the initial sync, but once it succeeds subsequent syncs should be very quick.
  • Dan: Here is the error report:

[JavaScript Error: "redeclaration of const LOAD_IN_SIDEBAR_ANNO" {file: "chrome://browser/content/places/utils.js" line: 57}]

2008-07-15 11:06:48 Service.DAV WARN _makeRequest: got status 502

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid login/pass' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid login/pass' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

• "Invalid login/pass" just means that your forum username and password are incorrect in the Sync pane of the prefs.
  • Dan: I set a new username and password with the server but I still fail after about 15 minutes, now with the following error report (repeated):
    2008-07-16 03:46:09 Service.DAV WARN _makeRequest: got status 405

Thanks.