Gale/Cengage Academic OneFile

My campus has been noticing issues recently with Zotero and Gale/Cengage Academic OneFile. When a user attempts to save an article into his or her Zotero library using the Zotero button in the address bar, Zotero fails to save anything. The confirmation notice in the lower corner of the screen pops up as usual, but does not include any information, and nothing is saved to the user's library.

This has been verified in Firefox and Chrome.
  • I can reproduce that for pages opened via a bookmarked link, but everything else is working for me. Could you give me a search path to something that isn't working for you?
  • Actually, that seems to be what is going on. Our college library, like many academic libraries, uses a discovery tool (Summon). When the user navigates to an article in Academic Onefile from within the discovery tool, the url structure looks like it is structured more like a permalink, e.g. http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE|A199584387&v=2.1&u=hele54405&it=r&p=AONE&sw=w

Will Zotero only work with conventional searches made directly in the database?

The url from conventional search has more encoded parameters, but I don't see any article-level metadata in the url:

http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?sgHitCountType=None&sort=DA-SORT&inPS=true&prodId=AONE&userGroupName=hele54405&tabID=T002&searchId=R1&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&contentSegment=&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=3&contentSet=GALE%7CA199584387&&docId=GALE|A199584387&docType=GALE&role=

Here is a citation for the article I have chosen to use as an example:

Cuervo, Ana Maria et al. “Autophagy Regulates Lipid Metabolism.” Nature 458.7242 (2009): 1131+.

I am happy to give more examples if you need them. Thanks!
  • Will Zotero only work with conventional searches made directly in the database?
    in general it should work with both (thankfully different permalinks and regular URLs are not terribly common beyond a couple of databases and a few library catalogs), but we'll have to take a look how to achieve that in this case.
  • A translator fix is now up. Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences. If you're using Standalone, restart Zotero and your browser after updating.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting