Building a Webclipper Plugin for dwb Browser

I am using Arch Linux with dwb browser (webkit browser with vim like keybindings). From dwb perspective it is very easy to do a plugin and I am considering the possibility to create a plugin that makes the same 'import entry from webpage' functionality like I have in Firefox or Chrome. But before I would likte know basically how the process between Webclipper plugin and Zotero Standalone works to evaluate the effort. Is it just as easy to handover a url to a running Zotero Standalone Instance or is some preprocessing needed? Are there any ressources – apart from the code itselft – to get to know a little bit about this?

thanks!
  • I don't think there's an alternative to looking at the source code, no:
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero-connectors
    Since the connectors are for webkit browsers, that should be doable by just modifying the browser specific parts
  • Ok, thanks for the hint. Meanwhile I found a faster an easier solution by just writing a user script for dwb that uses the bookmarklet javascript. So I will probably leave it like that. The only disadvantage that the Bookmarklet uses the webpage parsers from the Zotero servers which do not have to seem many parsers implemented apart from amazon.com, scholar.google.com and so on... less than provided by an installation of Zotero.

Anyhow the solution seems economical.
    thx
  • not sure what you mean by "not many parsers", but the bookmarklet works for about two thirds of all translators, including almost all major ones.
  • Yes, I meant translators, sorry for 'not Zotero' aware terminology. I didn't evaluate the quantity of existing translators on the Zotero servers. I just recognized some missing translators during my normal work. For example I can not parse entries from amazon.de but only from amazon.com. I don't have that problem using the Firefox Plugin. And there were some others too. But still, I am totaly fine with the solution I have now.

thanks for the information about the translators.