Certain characters change font in affected reference

Hi,

I am using Zotero for Firefox along with Office 2011 (Mac).

I am Danish and so I've noticed that all references contaning characters such as ö, å and ø automatically changes into a standard font of Times New Roman.

Furthermore, it's impossible to change them into another font (both in the foot note and bibliography). Only work-around I know of is to remove the field codes and manually retype every single affected reference.

I hope I am making any sense. In big documents, such as my phD dissertation, it is quite a problem.
  • That sounds quite odd. I haven't tried this with å and ø, but I use umlauts like ö, ä, ü all the time and it's not the case.
    One thing to try would be whether there is something odd about the way the characters are entered in Zotero. Try retyping them in Zotero (not in the Word document) and see if that changes anything?
  • edited February 7, 2014
    Oh my, it DID work!
  • my guess would be the references may have come from amazon or worldcat? We have problems with character encoding from those two.
  • Yes, I mainly use Worldcat. What alternative sites would you recommend?
  • Library of Congress is quite good. Or local library catalogs. The Royal Library at KU has made sure their catalog works well with Zotero.