Sync problem: zotero stops at a certain point

Dear all,
my zotero tries to upload files of personal library but it blocks at a certain point in the beginning of the process.

I have bought the storage but I am not able to use it...
many thanks
all the best
  • here there is a link of the blocked process. I already tried to reset server, but it is even worse...
    http://sdrv.ms/1b2uxGc
  • edited February 5, 2014
    Yes, Reset to/from Zotero Server have nothing to do with file syncing and should almost never be used for troubleshooting regardless.

Have you tried just stopping the sync and/or restarting Firefox and retrying the sync a few times? Depending on your Internet connection and intermittent errors from the Amazon cloud servers, file syncs may get stalled, but it's likely you're making additional progress each time and you just need to try a few times until it finishes. A future version of Zotero will retry failed file sync requests automatically.
  • Thank you Dan for your answer,

I tried for 4 days but it always blocks at the same point.

Report error> 572789156

Thank you again
    Giacomo
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that triggers this?
  • Hi Dan,
    I tried to do this> 1824066502
    and this screenshot> it blocks always here>
    http://sdrv.ms/1bxspUW

thanks
    Giacomo
  • Debug ID, not Report ID. Follow my link.
  • sorry
    this is the debug
    D155832974

Thanks again
    Giacomo
  • I don't see any errors in there at all — that shows hundreds of successful file sync requests.
  • i tried to reproduce again the problem. The sync always blocks at the same point and the online storage remains almost empty.

Report: D152236598

It seem there is a java error
    Are there anybody who experience the same issue?
    thanks
    Best regards
    Giacomo
  • Could you restart Firefox and provide a Debug ID for another sync attempt? I do see errors in there, but it looks like the files it failed on have since succeeded, so I'd like to see another attempt to compare against.
  • Hi Dan,
    I reproduced the situation: D50066119

thank you for your help,
    best regards,
    Giacomo
  • Are you running any sort of security software? If so, try disabling that, as well as any other Firefox extensions you might be running.
  • Dear Dan
    thank you for your help,
    after disabling everything apart Zotero, it syncs perfectly.
    Zotero is great and it make the difference in my job!
    Best regards
    Giacomo
  • edited February 18, 2014
    OK, good — if you want, you can try reenabling your extensions one by one until you find the one that was interfering (though it might take a while to do that, since you'll need new files to sync each time). You could try, say, one a day, while you're actively adding files to Zotero and attempting to sync.