can't open zotero

HI

I can't open Zotero if firefox is open
it says this while trying to open
Erreur de mise à niveau de la base de données

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.query :: line 149" data: no] [QUERY: DELETE FROM itemTypesCombined] [ERROR: database is locked]

if I close firefox I can open zotero then firefox...

Thanks for your help
  • Have you tried restarting your computer?

Is your Zotero data directory in its default location, or have you moved it somewhere else?
  • Hi
    I tried rebooting no effect

Indeed my data directory is still in its default location
    BTW I have set up a webdav, but it is working fine for long time??

Thanks for your help

Don't know if related but I noticed I cannot see references (included in the doc file) when I click on zotereo edit citation, but only in a doc file I did not made myself. While I can edit it on a another computer with my webdav synchro, same word software and everything...Bizarre
  • Are you running any security software? If so, try temporarily disabling it.

If you look in your Zotero data directory, is there a zotero.sqlite-journal file?
  • Nope same think with Symantec firewall deactivated
  • There is a zotero.sqlite-journal of 89 ko
  • edited February 6, 2014
    Wait, are you saying that you can't open Zotero for Firefox, or that you can't open Zotero Standalone if Firefox (with Zotero for Firefox installed, presumably) is open?

Re-reading your initial post it seems like the latter, in which case you'll have to wait for Simon to stop by, since he knows more about why this might happen.
  • But make sure you have the latest versions of both Zotero Standalone and Zotero for Firefox installed.
  • Indeed can't open standalone
  • Thanks for your help, I have dowload the last version of zotero for firefox, like told when I tried to open zotero in firefox (I did not do that for sometimes, prefer standalone don't know why), then everything is back to normal

thanks again