Advanced Search UI

Advanced search is working pretty well for me. I have some suggestions for the Advanced Search UI:

First, "include parent and child items of matching items" is ambiguous. "Include" could refer to the search (like "search subcollections" does) or it could refer to the results list (like show only top-level items does). I think it means "include in the search," correct?

Second, if I want to search within an indexed pdf's full-text using the "Attachment Content" field, I need to check "include parent and child items of matching items." That behavior is non-intuitive (to me, at least) and it took me a while to figure out that I needed to check that box. Consider: I search for books with "outer space" in the attachment content. A parent item can match this search, but an attachment can't, because the attachment does not have an attachment with "outer space" in the content. Since the parent matches the search, I would think it would be listed without the "parent and child" box checked. Or am I misunderstanding the way this works?

Lastly, if your search returns no results, it would be nice to see text indicating that in the search results box, just so it's clear that the search is over. I was checking whether my attachments had indexed properly, and since there is no progress bar and the search had no results, I wasn't sure whether it was complete. I discovered that when you click on the "search" button, it remains down until the search is over and then pops up. That's a pretty subtle indicator!