Sync problem, Report ID 1359170886

I keep getting a sync error, indicated by a red circle with a white exclamation mark inside it. I do not notice any other problems, except that Zotero seems to be syncing more often than it used to. I am using Zotero 4.0.17.1 and Firefox 26.0.
  • Are you still having trouble? It looks like you've had syncs go through.
  • (Though it also looks like you have a large number of attachments with missing files, which will slow down file syncing. You should look through the those (indicated by an empty blue circle in the middle pane) and fix or delete them).
  • Yes, I am still having the syncing problems. It syncs frequently and every so often, I get the red circle with the white exclamation mark.

I never noticed the empty blue circles (in the column with the paperclip symbol as the column title), but now I see them when I sort this column. I don't want to delete these entries from Zotero, so how does one "fix" them?
  • OK. Now I see what I need to do. Zotero items with empty blue circles are those where the path to the attachment is no longer correct (for example the file has been moved to a new location). So I need to add the corrected path to the attachment and remove the incorrect one. I have got about 50 of these to fix.
  • I have removed all the missing attachments, so I no longer have any empty dots/circles in the attachment column, but the sync problems continues (i.e., I still get a red circle with a white exclamation mark inside it). I have tried re-booting my computer, but that did not seem to resolve the issue. The exclamation mark does not show up every time I sync, just sometimes.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that triggers the error? (Be sure to clear the output before each attempt.)
  • Dan: The Debug ID is D1075138255
  • Did you empty the Zotero trash?
  • I have just emptied the Zotero trash. If I re-see the icon indicating a sync error, I will re-generate a debug ID.
  • I have emptied the trash and here is another debug ID:
    The Debug ID is D1979939294.
  • Is this happening every time, though? If it's just an occasional intermittent error, it's nothing to worry about. Future versions of Zotero won't even show those to you and will just retry automatically.
  • It is not happening every time. It is occasional, so I won't worry about the error icon.