Slow Note Taking

Running Zotero within Firefox 26.0 on OS X 10.9.1.

Using a Mac Mini 2012 i7 16 GB RAM

Note taking is slow and laggy. A real pain.

My library is small only around 30 items.

Report ID: 695642161
  • edited January 24, 2014
    It's not really possible for a 30-item library to be slow in any way unless something is very wrong with your system.

But also, your library on the server has over 1500 items. Is that the same library?

Beyond that, provide a Debug ID for an edit that's slow. (If it doesn't happen every time, keep the preferences window open and clear the debug output before everything you try so that your submitted output only shows the relevant action.)
  • edited January 24, 2014
    (Well, I guess your server library just isn't in sync. Make sure you've emptied the trash in your local library — if you've gone through different sets of items at different times, you could have items in your trash, though they should auto-empty after 30 days.)
  • You should also try disabling your other Firefox extensions, in case they're interfering in some way.
  • The library you're looking at (1550 items) is a Zotero Standalone Library working with Safari. That one works fine

I have a separate library working with Firefox (in a different location), which is the one giving me problems. No syncing on either library.

(On another note it would be so lovely to be able to open up different databases -- I have one on genomics and one on eighteenth-century religion, which are too different to mix up into one library)

Nothing in the Trash -- it's a brand new database.

The debug IDs are:

The Debug ID is D94765508. Standalone note

The Debug ID is D606985771. Child Note

I've disabled Zotfile, Feedly, and AdBlock Plus (my only extensions)
  • Are these libraries both in regular folders on the local disk? Not in Dropbox, a network drive, etc.?

Do you have any security software on this computer that might be interfering?

If you temporarily set Firefox to point to the Standalone directory, with Standalone closed, does that library become sluggish?