teaching zotero in a lab

For those of you who teach Zotero in a lab / classroom. How do you have the students uninstall / remove their personal data files from the lab computers when the class is over? I have them sync, remove their Zotero credentials, uninstall, and delete files but I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to wrap up after a class? We do wipe the lab computers on a schedule but not often enough this time of the semester! The student are all using a generic login so the profile data goes to the same place on the hard drive. thank you for ideas.
  • There is no better way, but: do you really have to have them sync? Couldn't you just teach the class by having them import some items you then work with? Having people put in their user information on public computers seems like a recipe for disaster - one person forgets the delete steps and has her/his library deleted or merged with someone else's...
  • Thank you- great suggestion. I can just show them how to do it without having them sync. There is still the issue of the data saved to the hard drive but perhaps that is harmless.
  • There is still the issue of the data saved to the hard drive but perhaps that is harmless.
    right - I assume the couple of items saved during a workshop aren't going to be private. Also, of course, if you do have people coming in who already use Zotero a lot, you can make bringing your own laptop optional.
  • thank you, yes -- we encourage students to "BYOL" but not always possible for them. thanks again!