If clauses for: If DOI is entered don't use URL?

Hi,

is there the possibility to define in my Zotero style certain if conditions. I want to only use the DOI, ISSN, or ISBN in my Word bibliography, if I have entered both one of these numbers and a URL in my Zotero library. Or with other words, I only want to use the URL if I don't have the DOI, ISBN or ISSN entered.

Is there a piece of code that can include into my style? If so, your help would be appreciated very much... Thanks
D
  • <choose>
    <if variable="DOI ISBN ISSN" match="none">
    <text variable="URL"/>
    </if>
    </choose>
  • thanks very much.

is this also possible, if I have tagged a reference with, lets say "grey literature". Can I tell my style to choose the URL only if my reference item is tagged that way?
    Cheers,
    D
  • I also noticed, that if I use that code and I have a page number in the reference it also won't show the URL.
  • I also noticed, that if I use that code and I have a page number in the reference it also won't show the URL.
    that's a Zotero setting (it can be toggled under Cite-->Styles in the preferences
    if I have tagged a reference with, lets say "grey literature". Can I tell my style to choose the URL only if my reference item is tagged that way?
    no. Tags aren't accessible in citation styles at all and more generally you cannot test for the content of a variable