Citation style for Journal of Exp. Med. needed

Hello Zotero users,

I am about to finish a publication and I want this to be my first one to use exclusively Zotero for the references. However there is not yet a citation style for the Journal of experimental medicine (http://www.jem.org/misc/ifora.shtml#Ref). I tried to adopt the one from Nature (which is very similar) but miserably failed. Programming is one of my rather weak parts, unfortunately.

As Zotero comes more and more used and JEM is a highly used journal, can I motivate somebody smarter than me to create a citation style? I think it will be a very welcome contribution to the citation style pool!

Thanks a lot, John
  • The citation format for the Journal of Experimental Medicine has been updated and requires a new style (it is no longer identical to Journal of Immunology). Can anyone help out?
  • this applies for changed styles, too:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/requesting_styles
  • I'm getting frustrated by the increasing tendency of people to ask for help on styles without providing even the basic information we ask for in the link that adamsmith provides (and putting it in the wrong forum no less). This takes times and effort for busy people donating their labor; if you don't want to be entirely ignored, you need to do your part.

Are people just not seeing this link? Is there something we need to do change that, like create a sticky thread with a prominent headline in the "styles" area?
  • Bruce - in general I agree -
    with this thread, though, the original post (which also put it into the wrong category) is more than two years old. I'm not even sure the "requesting styles" guide existed then.

And I think it's not _that_ unreasonable to think that existing styles would just be corrected - we don't have the resources to do that (that's why I posted the link) - but the assumption doesn't seem unreasonable.
  • Yeah, good point. But do we need to do more so people see that page?
  • Oops! My bad, but at the same time, it seems I've uncovered a problem that several of you have already identified - I just didn't know about the style request page and format. As I'm not a regular reader/contributor to the forums, my workflow is that I search for a previous report of the problem, and reply to it so as not to start another thread.

In any event, I've gone through the process of fixing citation formats for the Rockefeller University Press journals, which are

- The Journal of Experimental Medicine
    - The Journal of Cell Biology
    - The Journal of General Physiology (the existing csl was my starting template)

I've created csl files for a generic Rockfeller University Press format, and a pointer for each journal. I'm just waiting for my SVN account to be activated so that I can upload the files.
  • that's great - any problems uploading let us know.