Cannot change citation style in WORD-docx document

Hi,

I seem to be stuck on the following citation style "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie (German)". I tried to change it to APA 6 for inserting citations into written text. However, I seem to be stuck on the previous style. I tried to fiddle around but I seem not to be able to find away to change it. I already have changed the style to APA 6 in the WORD plug-in and in the FF extension. So if anyone has got ideas about what there is to do, I'd appreciate it.
  • The place to change this would be under "Set Document Preferences" in the Word Plugin. But APA 6 and DGfP are quite similar, especially on a German computer. How do you know switching doesn't work? Have you tried switching to an entirely different style like Vancouver?
  • I know it didn't work because the citation looks like this:
    (Ritter, Gründer, & Gabriel, 2001, S. 430)

In APA I think it should like this:
    (Ritter, Gründer, & Gabriel, 2001, p. 430)

So the only obvious difference is between Seite (S.) and page (p.).

Switching to Vancouver (and other citation styles) works smoothly. I only experience this problem when switching between DGfP and APA 6. Maybe the APA 6 style is corrupted. What are possible solutions?
  • no, that would be APA as well: The APA style is localized, it shows up by default with terms for pages, editors etc. depending on the language of your Zotero or Firefox installation. To change that see
    http://www.zotero.org/support/supported_languages#citations_and_bibliographies
  • Thank you for pointing that out.

Is there a way to permanently assign en-US to APA 6 and de-DE to DGfP?

I switch regularly between the two languages in my writing. To change it every time would be a bit cumbersome.
  • DGfP (and all other German styles) is set to German by default in the style, overriding the general locale, so for your situation just leaving the bibliography locale set to en-US should work nicely.