Identity and width of columns not remembered

I use my laptop either on its own monitor or connected to an external monitor that has a slightly wider horizontal resolution (1360px vs 1280px). Every time I switch between those two monitors, my Zotero columns (run from inside Firefox 26.0) get mixed up, in the sense that their width get randomly changed. This change is not proportional to the very small difference in horizontal resolution between my two configurations. Is is possible for future versions to keep column width constant as a fixed percentage of the horiz resolution?

Additionally, columns that I haven't enabled for a long while, such as "Call number", keep becoming visible, although I keep ticking them off every time.

many thanks!
  • Does the same thing happen in the Firefox bookmarks window?
  • Not sure, as I rarely open that window...
  • Right, but this is a troubleshooting question.
  • I'll try to switch between the monitors tomorrow, to see how that window reacts, and will let you know
  • It's not easy to diagnose or replicate this problem. When I repeatedly switch between monitors, the column widths change proportionately, and none of them becomes too small, which is what you;d expect given the small difference in horizo reso. This goes for Zotero as well as the Ffx bookmarks window. Also, no columns disappear or appear without you having changed anything in the column visibility menu.

I can tell you, however, that I never change anything in the columns settings of Zotero, and once every few days I find their withs completely messed up, and sometimes they even appear/disappear, as I mentioned
  • This does seem to be specific to Zotero. Again my Publication column has become invisible (deselected in the list of columns), while the Call Number column has become visible. Meanwhile, Firefox's Bookmarks window maintains the same columns even when switching between internal/external monitor, i.e. between 1440x900 and 1360x1280

Hopefully this will be replicated and fixed in future versions. Thanks in advance.