"Anthology" would be great

Hi there,
I enjoy working with Zotero, but one thing I miss, is a feature to take a record of a full anthology by having one form for the whole book and then listing all the articles as "Author Title in Anthology XYZ".

Couldn't that be done in a way? Or at least create create a kind of virtual folder for the anthology?

I would be pleased.
Regards, orcival
  • Are you talking about organizing the anthology in your collection or organizing it in a bibliography?
  • I actually thought of my collection but also of a way of entering: e.g. I thought it would be a nice feature if you can import the index of a anthology and then have both the book and the single articles in your collection.
    If that would be possible you could also do something like enter something like "book-part" and then choose an existing item to be the book it is part of. Now you have to make a reference to the book by hand.
  • There are plans to enable that kind of parent child relationship between items.

For the time being you can enter the information as a book, then duplicate it and switch it to a book section. Then duplicate that book section and just swap out author and title information where needed.
  • Hi tjowens,
    nice reading you again: that's exactly the way I figured out - and the good part is definetely that until now, I found no problem to which there is no solution in Zotero. Anyways, good to hear there are plans to this item-relationship. Looking forward...