Export / Import woes - Report ID: 1276020117

I'm switching between several libraries on my HD and often need to export items from one library for import to another. Exports work but imports fail miserably.

In MyLibraryA I export as RDF with files and notes - and it works withut errors.
In MyLibraryB I import the RDF and in some 80% of the cases and unspecified error occurs: "An error occured... Make sure the file is valid and try again..." etc etc

All the above on the same machine, same HD, same partition etc. All my libraries are without errors when a check is run under "Preferences." I cannot understand how this - theoretically at least - completely reversible process can work in one direction and almost constantly fail in the other?

I'm beginning to suspect - but this is only a hunch - that the Import routine fails when an item carries a lot of files with it. I base this on the fact that the Imports that do not fail are those of very lean and mean items (with no or very few attachments and associated files etc.) Any ideas?

A successful export of a batch of items (+attached notes and files). Then, when trying to import in the other library, the following from "Report Errors" in Zotero:
Report ID: 1276020117

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520014 (NS_ERROR_FILE_DIR_NOT_EMPTY) [nsIFile.copyTo]" nsresult: "0x80520014 (NS_ERROR_FILE_DIR_NOT_EMPTY)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js :: importSnapshotFromFile :: line 137" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js" line: 899}]