Zotero slowing down and often crashing

I struggle with a problem, of which I haven't been able yet to identify the causes. My zotero was working fine until I came back from field research and discovered the downloaded version had disappeared due to a new zotero version I had to install, which has given me troubles ever since. It takes ages to insert a new reference, and often I have to force quit of both the zotero database and firefox and start all over again. Often my word documents crash (these include small and simple, as well as larger and more complex papers, so that shouldn't play a role). It has become a heavy and painful process using zotero. Can you help me out in finding the causes and possible solutions? Thanks.

Debug ID: D1236428140
Max OS X Version 10.6.8
Browser is Firefox 26.0
Word processor is Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 version 14.3.9
  • edited December 29, 2013
    I've executed a debug output logging, and here's the Debug ID: D1236428140.
  • Sometimes it's almost impossible to insert a new reference in my text. Like today, I had to force quit zotero this morning already 5 times, and I haven't managed yet to change or enter a single reference. FRUSTRATING!
  • Is this also the case in empty documents (i.e. open a new document and try to insert a citation)? How many items do you have in your library? At exactly what point when you are trying to insert a reference is Zotero being slow? Or is it slow for all the steps?