1.5?

I feel like I'm about to be the cliché long-suffering girlfriend in a romantic comedy, but here goes…

One shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but is there any movement on version 1.5? Wasn't it at one point slated to appear last autumn? I didn't really expect it to appear on that schedule but I was under the impression that it would be available by now.

Zotero was initially very helpful in my routine but it has become ever slower as my library grows. Also, since discovering Zotero I have learned to compose in LaTeX. Zotero could still be very useful for me, but the fact that the BibTeX translator apparently isn't going to get fixed makes me wonder—given that I can download citation information from my library's electronic catalog and from webpages in BibTeX—whether I shouldn't just start keeping my references and notes in BibTeX. Given that I'm a Mac user I can use BibDesk's annotation feature to keep notes just about as well as can be done in Zotero. (Zotero's notetaking function is a good idea but the linking of them to source records is not very robust. I've unintentionally unrelated so many of them from their source record that I'm hesitant to rely upon the function.)

1.5's hierarchical model sounds promising and I would think it would make Zotero a more useful tool than BibDesk but in the meanwhile I am still turning to Scribe3 for projects. The timeline and biography features are very, very helpful and they just can't be matched in Zotero 1.