"website" category under "new item" menu

Dear all,

Sometimes I have to quote some text directly from a webpage; not the whole page, only a part. This is not a blog or an article from an online journal but really text directly from a website. So far, I've filed that away under the category "document" but it would be really nice if the drop-down menu under the "new items" list would have a "website/webpage"-category.
Thanks, and keep up the good work!
  • Thanks, but I'm using the standalone version and the Opera-browser, and under Opera I do not have (or do not find) the right-click save option. Maybe I'm being blind?
  • you have the opera connector for Zotero, though? The option should be there, but I don't think anyone tests with Opera much, so good chance it's not, but quite frankly how this works in Opera isn't going to affect design decisions...
    (if you do need to manually create a web page item you can, of course, just create an item with any other item type and then change it - that's just one step more.)
  • Well, it gets even a bit more complicated: I'm using Linux, which only offers Opera up to version 12.16. The connector needs version 16+, which is Windows-only, unfortunately. No luck, I guess...
    You're right, I can (and do) store websites away under other categories ("document" basically) but found that not as good as having a dedicated category.
    Thanks for the quick and helpful replies, anyway!
  • not sure if I was clear on this: my point wasn't that you can store a webpage as a document - I understand that's what you're doing right now - but that once you've created a "Document" item, you can change it into a "Webpage" type item by clicking on the item type in the right-hand panel.
  • Aaaaah! Great! That's indeed exactly what I wanted! Thanks a million! Never thought about that because the initial list (when creating an item) does not have that option.
    Maybe it would by good to mention that in the "Adding items per hand"-section on the Zotero-page as well?
    Anyway, problem solved for me, thanks again for the help!
  • Maybe it would by good to mention that in the "Adding items per hand"-section on the Zotero-page as well?
    (It's already explained there. That's why adamsmith provided the link.)
  • You're right! Me and my selective reading habits...