THANK YOU! - thanks/ like on this forum?

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the devs who make and support Zotero.
It was certainly a bit of a task to get a Library established - but Zotero does a great deal to help by duplicating existing items etc
The coloured Tags turned out to be big too, providing priority

I can now FIND everything at a click - what I own, what I want to acquire or access, topic categories, timelines - it's all starting to make a lot better sense.

THANK YOU ZOTERO

It would be lovely for you as well as us if you added a Thanks/ Like feature to this forum so we could thank whoever answers a post for help given. The forums I use most have this and it really helps on both sides of the transaction.

We all work better if we get positive feedback - and on support work it can seem like endless demands and n closure without Like/ Thanks. With it, busy devs don't need to open a thread to get thanks, it's there on the top level display. That saves dev time - when doing support work and getting tired, opening up another level in case it's a support need, only to find there's nothing needed, can actually be annoying! So I hesitate to add a thanks post.
  • I'm not a dev, but I doubt any of them get annoyed by opening up a thankyou post. But, yeah, I still sometimes look for the LIKE button. (Tooooo much time on FB!) :)

Thanks for your gratitude!
  • actually, when we suggest something that works it's good to hear that it has, so writing a quick "that did it, thanks!" or equivalent thereof is appreciated, no one on the dev side sees that as a waste of time. (and a like/upvote button is a lot more ambiguous).
  • As morgain13 stated above, yes, THANK YOU. Thank you to all that have worked on Zotero. I just stumbled across it while looking for a way to organize my notes about court decisions, and I am very impressed. I wish something like this had existed back when I was in college.
  • @mim0p26N: Depending on your requirements, MLZ might be useful. It has features for citing legal materials from multiple jurisdictions, and an implementation of the "Bluebook" style that covers a little more the detail than the standard CSL/Zotero style. Read the project description before installing, but it's worth a look.
  • Definitely thank you all! Zotero has made writing my Masters thesis much easier, and I am particularly grateful to people on here who have patiently answered my daft questions.