Annotations

I have my own annotations which are a big part of why scholars will visit and use my Group Library. At the moment I put them in Extra.

This isn't ideal as Extra appears right down the bottom of the item display (client or online).
Secondly there isn't a way as far as I know to download the listing WITH the annotation in Extra, apart from get a citation, and separately copy/ paste the content from the Extra section.

I'm not happy using the Abstract section - which would solve the first issue, placing the annotation high up on the display. Many items already have an "official" Abstract provided by their authors, or by a university library. My annotations need to be distinct showing they come from me, not the author.

It would also be very helpful if the main display grid (client or online) showed whether an item has an annotation or not - like an icon + or -. That way I could see easily which items I still need to edit to add an annotation.
  • I'm not sure why you're not using Note attachments for this - that's what they are designed for. Though, it would probably be nice if you could expand/collapse note attachments on the same view as the metadata instead of opening a different view.
    Secondly there isn't a way as far as I know to download the listing WITH the annotation in Extra, apart from get a citation, and separately copy/ paste the content from the Extra section.
    How are you downloading? Extra should be downloaded when using the URL bar icon.
  • Thank you. I tried Notes but the content is actually not as accessible as Extra (client). Using Extra I can see if it has content on the centre panel and even hover to read all or most of my notes. Putting my data in a Note closes it off in a kind of folder that only shows a number on the centre panel Notes column.

By downloading I mean getting a bibliography citation on to my clipboard.