Leave titles in other languages in sentence case (Chicago)

In Chicago style, Zotero displays all titles as Title Case in footnotes and bibliographies. I would like to leave titles in languages other than English as Sentence Case. Is that possible?
  • I've discovered how to fix my problem.

For titles in other languages, indicate the language in the "Language" category: fre, French, ger, German, etc.
  • That's correct. Zotero will not Title Case if the language is anything but english, but of course it makes sense to indicate correct language. To future-proof this, you may want to consider using IETF language tags (e.g. en or en-US). There are some plans to limit the selection of languages and this would help in the transition in the future. What you suggest above _should_ be recognized in most cases.
  • Thanks.

Here's a related question: How do I get an English-language name of an Act not to revert to Title Case?

For example, Zotero produces this:
    An Act to Amend the Naturalization Acts and to Punish Crimes against the Same, and for Other Purposes. 16 Stat. 254, 1870.

When I entered this:
    An Act to amend the Naturalization Acts and to punish Crimes against the same, and for other Purposes. 16 Stat. 254, 1870.

This example is arcane, but some examples will be recent Acts.
  • edited December 17, 2013
    CMS says that they should be capitalized though: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/16/ch08/ch08_sec079.html

Edit: but there is no other way besides changing the language field (or editing the citation style)