encoding problem with connectors

Hi,

I experienced some encoding problems with the Chrome and Safari connectors. The authors lastname include some strange characters not present on the webpage.
I tried using Zotero for Firefox and there's no problem. All characters are normal.
Here is a paper/webpage where the problem occurs: http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ao/abstract.cfm?URI=ao-31-26-5706

Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks.
  • I'll have a closer look, but I don't think we can handle this well, currently. The citation data on that page is ISO-8859-1 encoded. We can specify the encoding for the import translator in Firefox, but the connectors don't get that information.
    We could consider marking the translator Chrome incompatible - it will then translate via Zotero Standalone and I think that should work.
  • I submitted a patch for the Chrome/Safari connectors that will address this (though no ETA).

What adamsmith suggests could be a temporary fix in the meantime.
  • OK, I've removed connector compatibility for the OSA translator until aurimas fix goes through. This will work correctly now once you update your translators.