Adding, changing my account's email

Hello,

I'm trying to change my account's email, but can't. When I try to add the new email, the server answer with : "Could not add email address". So now, the email of my account is not the proper one, and I cannot receive notifications.

iGor.m
  • If you get this repeatedly it's almost certainly because that email address is already associated with another account.
  • Thank you fcheslack for your answer.

Unfortunately, I have only one account on Zotero. And I tried with two different addresses, without success. Furthermore, I know at least one other perso who encouters the same problem.

But, oh wait... I've just tried with an email which IS unique, and it works. Who is using my email address here ? :)
    I've got to found out...
  • The problem is, I can't use any of my true email addresses : I'm gonna lose my account ?

It's strange : my e-mail is firstnamelastname@mailoo.org : I'm quite sure that no one is using this very same address in an account in Zotero.org. And I don't have two accounts.
    Maybe because of groups ?

I don't understant.
  • It is almost certainly that you simply registered previously and then forgot. If you try to recover your password https://www.zotero.org/user/lostpassword it will indicate the username associated with the account in the email.
  • Indeed, "it's almost certainly". But how come I could have forgot about this ? In fact I had at least two other account, I think it was for testing and for getting print screens for a tutorial, or something.

Thank you very much for helping ! And sorry for the trouble... :)