proxy keeps requesting a username and password

Hi all,

I've just started using Zotero & it's great. However, every time I start the software I get the following msg:

The proxy moz-proxy ****** is requesting a username and password. The site says: "**** remote access service"

When I enter my university ID & password, Zotero works the way it should. If I don't, the Zotero icon won't appear on Chrome. How do I make Zotero remember my ID & password so I won't have to type them again every time I want to use it? It's kind of annoying...

Thanks!
  • That's odd that the icon doesn't appear in Chrome without the proxy enabled — it should really only affect saving PDFs — but getting the prompt every time is expected. (That's the standard behavior in Firefox as well.) But try clicking "Open about:config" from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, searching for signon.autologin.proxy, and double-clicking that to set it to true. Then restart Zotero, and I believe it won't ask you again. Let us know if that works.

They're considering making that the default setting in Firefox, and we might do the same in Standalone.
  • Hi Dan,

I changed signon.autologin.proxy to "true" and restarted Zotero, but it still asks for a username & password every time it loads :-(