I've created ghost Tags

I tried out ways of making a Tag appear first and settled on using initial space. sp sp HELP (to make a little guide)

But before that I tried using a zero - 0 HOW TO
I now have 3 of these ghost tags on display and cannot get rid of them.
  • edited December 8, 2013
    Is this in the Zotero client (Firefox or Standalone) or online on zotero.org? Have you tried restarting your browser or Zotero?

Edit: if you click on the tag, does Zotero show anything?
  • morgain13: You have to start saying in every single one of your posts whether you're referring to the client or the website. (I've asked you this already.) It's just a waste of everyone's time to keep having to guess what you mean. Normally people will assume you mean the client, but you're posting lots of questions about both, and it's often not clear which you're referring to.

If you mean the website, then restarting the browser should fix it. If you mean the client, restarting or syncing Zotero should cause it to purge orphaned tags (assuming they're really orphaned and you're not just viewing a collection without any items with that tag but with "Display All Tags In This Library" enabled).
  • Sorry should have said - the client does not display these ghosts but they do show online. Firefox.

If I hover them they show zero entries.
    Click it and it displays 'No Items Found'

Restarting browser no effect - and of course I have clicked Refresh lots of times.
  • I seem to have a similar problem. An old tag that isn't in use any more (i.e. not present in any record) is not removed from the list of tags on the online version of Zotero. The Firefox client, on the other hand, does not show this "ghost" tag.
    On the online version, if I select the tag, no records are selected ("no items found"). Any suggestion on how to delete such ghost tags? Many thanks
  • amanica: Have you tried restarting your browser?