Zotero experienced an error updating your document

Hello,

I was using Zotero in Firefox on a document in Word 2008 for Mac. Everything was working fine but suddenly I couldn't add or change any citation.

"Zotero experienced an error updating your document. citations[(j-1)].sortedItems.slice(...)[0] is undefined."

I rebooted the whole computer but it does not work. In other documents Zotero does work though.

Please help.

Zotero 4.0.16
Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.5.7
  • Report ID: 508760213
  • Which citation style?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
    this may very well be a more general bug, but if it is we'd need a minimal selection of the document that reproduces the problem - so start with the debugging steps and if you identify one or several references that cause this problem, export those to Bibliontology RDF and make that export available to us (either by uploading it to Dropbox or so or by opening it with a text editor, pasting the entire content to gist.github.com --> create public gist and provide the URL here)
  • Thanks for your help, this is much appreciated. Could you please give me a bit more info on Bibliontology RDF? First time I encounter the term...
  • select the items that trigger the error --> right-click --> Export Items --> and then select "Bibliontology RDF"
  • Through the debugging steps I succeeded to isolate the problematic citation and simply deleted it from my document. Now everything seems back to normal. Thanks for your help!