First and last name are empty in Zotero.Creator.save()

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but a fresh install of Zotero 4.0.16 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS simply will not sync; I keep getting the error indicated in the subject line.

I've tried installing using smathot's script (I should clarify: the script works fine; it's syncing that's the issue), and, when that didn't work, from the downloaded installer file from Zotero.org's download page. I get the same result either way.

I also tried quitting Zotero, deleting my profile directory, and relaunching.

No matter what I do, I get the same result. Zotero on my Mac syncs fine.

Here's the report ID: 1764808634.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
  • Check your database integrity in the Advanced -> Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • That sounds like an empty creator (as opposed to an item without a creator, which is of course fine) in the database, which shouldn't exist. Dan will be able to say more - hopefully including the item in question - but I'm pretty sure he'll need a debug ID covering a failed sync
    http://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Thanks, Dan and Adam.

I checked the database integrity; no errors were found.

So I enabled debug logging and ran the sync again. I got the same result, so I submitted the debug output. The debug ID is D339105032.
  • This needs a proper fix, but if you sync now I think it will work.
  • edited December 2, 2013
    Many thanks! That seems to have done it.

Initially after the fix, I was having issues with Zotero becoming unresponsive, but I'll guess that something got corrupted somewhere. I uninstalled, deleted my profile, and reinstalled — and all is now working properly.

Amy