APA References -Single Space With Space After

Good morning. I'm currently setting up my research plan for my dissertation. The reference section is expected to be single spaced with .6 spacing after each reference. My comprehensive exam also required this same formatting so I did that manually. I'd like to now utilize the Word tools because they appear to reduce a lot of my work. Here's what I've tried.

1) In Word I've setup a style to apply, but when I update the Zotero entries it removes that style and returns my references to double spaced throughout.

2) I attempted to create a new style that only includes the spacing as 1, but couldn't get it to add the extra space. Zotero didn't recognize the edited file. I must be missing something here.

It would be fabulous to have a APA 6th style file available that in Word displays in single space with .6 after.

Please offer suggestions on how I can get this to work. As I move from the research plan to dissertation I will also need this same formatting.

I'm working on a MAC OS with Word 2011.

Thank you for your help and hopefully a new style.
Sarah
  • Oh, I'm on a Mac OS, using Word 2011.
  • You'll have to do two things:
    1. You will need to remove line-spacing="2" from the APA style (you do need APA? The manual is very clear on double spacing the bibliography). Follow the instructions here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step

2. Then you need to adjust the style "Bibliography" in Word - to add the .6 between paragraphs - Zotero styles can only do full lines.