Standalone 4.0.8 won't sync anymore

I moved my storage to a WebDAV server recently. It worked for a little while. But now, I am having problems syncing from standalone, 4.0.8 on WinXP. The problem began after attaching about 15 pdfs. Some of them are quite large (largest was 83 MB). So I removed the largest file. Now the largest is 25 MB.

What happens is Zotero attempts to sync. It displays the progress bar, and if I hover over it, it says uploads: approx 650 MB remaining, 0/1 files. It appears to complete the upload and then displays the error:

File upload failed. Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator. HTTP 502

When I look at the error reports, I get the following:
(The first one I get repeatedly. The second one happened the last time I tried to sync.)

Zotero Report ID: 1819350395

[JavaScript Error: "Error: File upload failed. Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

HTTP 502" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 572}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error: File upload failed. Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

Zotero Report ID: 1258290911

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm :: XPCU_serviceLambda :: line 202" data: no]" {file: "resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm" line: 202}]

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • You should upgrade to Zotero 4.0.16 — 4.0.8 is long out of date — but this is a problem with either your WebDAV server or some proxy server in between. HTTP 502 is a "Bad Gateway" error. It's not something Zotero has any control over.